Na radnom mjestu se neki rjeđe, a neki češće sastaju sa stranim gostima. U svakom slučaju ve važno da se s njima znamo dobro komunicirati na engleskom jeziku. Dobar dojam ostavljamo već od prvog susreta s gostom i zbog toga si jednostavno ne možemo dozvoliti nepotrebne pogreške. Da biste to izbjegli, pozorno pogledajte korisne izraze koje koristimo za primanje gostiju na engleskom jeziku, a ne zaboravite i na praktični dio.
1. USEFUL PHRASES = KORISNE FRAZE
1.1.Welcoming guests = Pozdravljamo goste
- Hello! Welcome to _____________________ (company). = Pozdrav i dobrodošli u _______________________.
- Good morning! Nice to meet you again. = Dobro jutro! Drago mi je da se ponovno vidimo.
- Hello! Did you have any trouble finding us? = Dobar dan! Nadam se da ste nas našli bez problema.
- Good evening! It’s been a while since we last saw each other. = Dobra večer! Već dugo se nismo vidjeli.
- Hello, _______________________ (guest’s name). You can leave your things here/at the reception/… = Pozdrav, ______________________ (ime gosta). Stvari možeš/možete ostaviti ovdje/ na recepciji.
- Hello! It’s nice to see you again. How are you? = Pozdrav! Drago mi je da se ponovno vidimo. Kako ste?/Kako si?
- Hello! How was your trip/flight? = Pozdrav! Kako ste putovali?/Kakav je bio let?
- Where are you staying? = Gdje ste odsjeli?
- Let me take you around the company. = Mogu li vam pokazati poduzeće?
- If you’d like to come this way… = Ako biste mogli zamnom…
- Let’s go into the office/… = Pođimo u ured/…
- Pleased to meet you, (too). = Meni je također drago što smo se upoznali.
- Very well, thank you. = Vrlo dobro, hvala.
- Fine, thank you. = Dobro, hvala.
- Not too bad, thank you. = Nije loše, hvala.
- Not to good, I’m afraid. = Na žalost, ne baš dobro.
- It’s been better/I’ve been better. = Bilo je i bolje.
- A bit stressful, but fine, thanks. = Malo stresno, ali dobro, hvala.
- A lot of work, but fine, thank you. = Radno, ali dobro, hvala.
1.2.Introducing yourself = Predstavljamo se
- Hello, I’m ___________________ (your name), pleased to meet you. = Pozdrav. Ja sam ________________________ (vaše ime), drago mi je (da smo se upoznali).
- Welcome to Ericsson Nikola Tesla. I’m Marko Horvat. = Dobrodošli u Ericsson Nikola Tesla. Ja sam Marko Horvat.
1.3.Introducing somebody else = Predstavljamo neku drugu osobu
- Nice to meet you. Can I introduce ___________________________ (name)? = Drago mi je. Mogu li vam predstaviti __________________________ (ime)?
- I’m very pleased to introduce Janez Rupnik, our Finance Director. = Drago mi je da vam mogu predstaviti Marka Horvata, našeg direktora financija.
1.4.Problems with names = Teškoće s imenima
- I’m sorry, can you repeat your name? = Oprostite, možete li ponoviti vaše ime?
- Sorry, I didn’t catch your name. Can you repeat it? = Oprostite, nisam čuo/čula vaše ime. Možete li ponoviti?
- I’m sorry, did you say Harris or Harrison? = Oprostite, jeste li rekli Harris ili Harrison?
- Sorry, I’ve lost your name. Can you repeat it? = Oprostite, ne mogu se sjetiti vašeg imena. Možete li ga, molim vas, ponoviti?
- Could you spell your name, please? = Možete li sricati vaše ime?/ Kako se vaše ime piše?
1.5.Offering something = Nešto nudimo
- Please, have a set. = Izvolite sjesti.
- Can I take your coat/jacket? = Želite li odložiti kaput/jaknu?
- Would you like something to drink? = Mogu li vas ponuditi kakvim pićem?
- Would you like (a) coffee/tea/juice/water? = Mogu li vas ponuditi kavom/čajem/sokom/vodom?
- How would you like your coffee? With milk/cream/sugar? = Kakvu kavu želite? S mlijekom/sa šlagom/sa šećerom?
- With or without sugar? = Sa šećerom ili bez?
- How much sugar do you take? = Koliko šećera?
- What can I get you? = Čime vas mogu ponuditi?
- Juice/water? = Sok/vodu?
- Please help yourself to the biscuits/cookies/…. = Izvolite kekse/ Ponudite se keksima…
- Here you are. = Izvolite.
- A cup of coffee/tea, please. = Kavu/čaj, molim vas.
- Some water/juice/… would be nice. = Može malo vode/soka/…
- Just black. No sugar. = Crnu kavu, bez šećera.
- With milk/sugar/milk and sugar. = S mlijekom/sa šećerom/s mlijekom i šećerom.
- Can I have a sweetener instead of sugar, please? = Mogu li umijesto šećera dobiti sladilo?
- Thank you./Thanks.= Hvala.
TOM: Welcome to reception, may I have your name, please?
JIM: Yes, Jurgen Harris.
TOM: I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Can you repeat your name?
JIM: Jurgen Harris.
TOM: I’m afraid I’m still having trouble. Did you say Harris or Harrison?
JIM: Harris. Jurgen Harris.
TOM: My apologies, sir, here’s a pencil and paper. Could you spell it out for me?
JIM: Oh bother, if you had a hard time with my name, wait until you meet my partner…
TOM: Why what’s his name?
JIM: Abhilasha Vindaloo.
TOM: Please have a seat, and someone will be right with you.
JIM: Thank you.
TOM: Would you like anything while you wait? Something to drink, maybe some tea or something?
JIM: Actually coffee would be better.
TOM: Of course, sir, just let me know how you take it.
JIM: Cream, 2 sugars.
TOM: Ok, right away.
TOM: Good afternoon, everyone here is an applicant for the open positions we have, so I’d like everyone to get to know each other for a little bit.
JIM: How many applicants are there?
TOM: There are 40 for 10 open positions, so there’s a good chance it could be you.
JIM: Great, where should I go?
TOM: Everyone else is waiting in the conference room already.
JIM: We have set aside the first half hour for a meet and greet, before the bosses come to introduce themselves at 11 o’clock.
TOM: Wonderful, thanks for all the info.
JIM: My pleasure, help yourself to some refreshments while you wait.
TOM: Mr. Jereb, you arrived safe and sound, wonderful.
JIM: Yes, it wasn’t too bad. What should I do now?
TOM: Here’s a short questionnaire we are asking all of our partners to fill out this year.
JIM: A questionnaire, what for?
TOM: It just has general information with some specific questions about tastes and preferences, so next year we know how to organize the conference a little better.
JIM: That’s not a bad idea. These days everyone is picky about their tastes. Vegetarian this, vegan that, gluten-free the other.
TOM: Exactly, then there is the non-dairy milk drinkers, the pure unrefined black sugar users, you name it!
JIM: Well, this questionnaire will be easy for me: I eat everything and drink my coffee black!
TOM: Good morning, sir, do you remember me? We talked briefly by telephone yesterday.
JIM: Aha, yes I do remember. You were the one asking whether or not I was coming to the meeting, right?
TOM: Exactly. And here you are!
JIM: See, if you had waited one more day, you would have seen with your own eyes instead of needing to make a phone call!